Archives for November 2015
#FatwaThursday -Sheikh Sajid Umar Telegram Channel-
Question: Are we females allowed to pluck our eyebrows or dye our eyebrows a different colour?
باسم الله والحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وأصحبه ومن والاه
May Allah Almighty reward you for your question and your desire to live on this earth the way Allah Almighty decrees that you live.
In a narration captured by Imam alBukhari and Imam Muslim; the Messenger (Peace and Blessings be upon Him) is reported to have said:
“The woman who plucks facial hair and the woman who has this plucking done are cursed.”
The usage of the term ‘cursed’ as a description in the text of our Shariah refers to something being Haraam and impermissible and forbidden. Hence, there is no difference of opinion between the scholars that plucking one’s eyebrows is forbidden.
Ibn alQayyim: Provisions for the Hereafter
Taught by Sheikh Sajid Umar
Season 2, Lesson 11-
Notes of a student
Session 11: 24th November 2015
Assalaamu alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,
The Sheikh welcomes session 10 of the ‘Provisions for the Hereafter’ course. He begins by praising Allah and sending blessings upon the final messenger Muhammad (Khutbatul Haajah).
Reading – Pg 29 – 51
Lessons from the text;
– The documentation of the Seerah is very detailed because of how special the Prophet (s) was to his people.
– Some Museums have acutal sculptures explaining the Seerah.
– The Sahaabah would consider every matter, even the small ones such as when the Prophet (s) cleared his throat in his Salaah.
– Through this, Allah protected the life of the Prophet (s). He inspired the people to have an acute focus on everything he did.
– The Prophet (s) taught us to pray as we have seen him pray.