Please find something different to help you better welcome and engage Ramadan. Recorded it especially for you all. Please listen and share, may Allah bless you all.
Shaikh Sajid Umar
Assalamualaikum everyone. Please find below a link to a lecture I delivered to University students in the UK during my recent trip.
It is a valuable listen, especially for parents who have children on the verge of choosing their A level subjects.
Your help sharing this message along will be greatly appreciated.
Day 2 reminder to the attendees of the Tazkiyah Umrah program (February 2018)
In this talk Sheikh Sajid Umar touches on
– The event of the army of elephants and the Ka’bah along with 21st century lessons from it.
– The personality trait vs the character trait.
– The tongue makes you or breaks you.
– The connection between effort and success
Shaikh Sajid Umar
Listen to 7 Year Old Child Reciting From Surah AzZukhruf
A random non-professional audio recording of part of the recitation of a 7 year old non-Arab Qur’an student from Surah azZukhruf with noticeable Tajweed and Makhraj capabilities, showcasing that a child is never too young to be taught the correct way of reciting the Qur’an correctly.
Please pray for Him and all the children of the Ummah.
May Allah bless him and all the children of the ummah and raise us all with the family of alQur’an in the hereafter. Ameen.
*Kuwait Islamic Lecture Series (January 2018)*
*Explanation of the 4 Lectures:*
Lectures given during the Kuwait Lecture Series courtesy of the Islamic Society of Kuwait. (January 2018)
*Lesson from Surah Yusuf* – In this lecture Sheikh Sajid Umar discusses some reflections from the Surah in relation to the correct usage of the tongue and the importance of being proactive human beings irrespective of environment.
*Introduction to the Names of Allah* – In this lecture Sheikh Sajid Umar introduces us to the subject known as the names of Allah. This introduction consists of the following points:
1- The reality of this subject
2- The principles related to Names of Allah
3- An explanation of the aayah in Surah alA’raaf related to the names of Allah.
4- An explanation of the hadeeth related to the 99 Names of Allah and clarity surrounding some misconceptions in relation to the Names of Allah, such as:
Did the Messenger SAW list for us 99 Names?
Is memorising the 99 Names of Allah enough for us to go to Jannah?
*Having High Inspirations* – In this lecture Sheikh Sajid Umar has a heart to heart with the young ex-pats of Kuwait.
*Leadership begins at home* – In this lecture sheikh Sajid Umar has a heart to heart with the parents with pertinent reflections from Surah Yusuf regarding Parenting in Practice.
*Please listen, reflect, progress and share*
In this talk delivered it the Zayed Bin Muhammed Winter Family Gathering in Dubai in January 2018 Seikh Sajid Umar discusses the following:
1. The meanings of ‘Barakah’ from a language and shariah perspective.
2. How to bring buying power into your earnings
3. How to bless your wealth and life with more
4. Answers the question related to being rich and its ruling in Islam
5. The net worth of 5 companions who were promised Jannah before passing away.
6. Point plans to increase your earnings.
7. Reasons why ‘Barakah’ is removed from our earnings.
For any questions regarding the lecture, please write to
Shaikh Sajid Umar
In this simple and summarised lecture presented at the Melbourne Madeenah in Melbourne Australia (November 2017), Sh. Sajid Umar discussed the power of dua in our lives and covers the following points:
– The types of Dua in Islam
– Dua, the essence of worship
– Dua, the weapon of a believer
– Dua, the conversation with Allah
– Reasons why a Dua is powerful
– Nothing changes pre-destination besides dua- what does this mean?
– If everything is predetermined; do we have a choice in the actions we do?
– Some reasons that prevent our dua from reaching Allah Almighty…
May Allah Almighty make us a people that engage Him every day in Dua. Ameen.
Assalamualaikum everyone. Please listen to this talk during your next commute to and from work.
In it I explain how to make our entire life a paradise building exercise, including our time at work, university & the gym…
I also explain how we can increase productivity in all that we do.
I also explain the reality of the Prophet legacy after the passing away of the final Messenger (saw).
And finally I share a descriptive lesson related to the meaning of Istiqaamah. Perhaps you have never heard Istiqaamah explained in this way. Allah knows best.
Please listen to the audio carefully and take notes.
You may send any questions you have as a result of the lecture through to me via www.sajidumar.com
May Allah bless us all & increase our knowledge. Ameen.