An exclusive series with Sh. Sajid Umar as he covers extensively the art of being parents.
The final part of the story of the Seven Sleepers. Upon asking Allah “Shower upon us your mercy”, Allah responds by:
1. Granting them shelter in a cave
2. Allowing them to sleep a restful sleep
3. Making their sleep undisturbed
4. Situating the dog near the entrance of the cave to be as a deterrent / guard
5. Filling the heart of whoever came close to the cave with fear
6. Not letting the sunshine directly hit the cave during sunrise and sunset didn’t
7. Allowing them to toss and turn so their bodies were not lifeless
When they woke up and the word ‘walyatalattaf’ “وليتلطٌف” (found in the middle of the Quran) is mentioned. What can we derive from this word and how should we act at a time of weakness.
Here is the the recording everyone. It’s just been uploaded as per many of your requests. Please kindly share it as well. Baarakallahufeekum.
Where does the story of the 7 sleepers start in this surah? Why were they hiding, what Dua did they make to Allah and how did Allah respond? How many years passed in the cave? Why is it important to learn and understand the Arabic language? Allah refers to himself as “نحن” (We) what does this mean?
Why does Allah use stories in the Qur’an? An entire Surah has been named after the historical event of the ‘People of the Cave’. There are multiple stories in this Surah but ‘Al-Kahf’ was chosen as the name, what is their story? How do verses from this Surah protect against the anti-Christ?
Join us for the first in a series of podcast-style conversations, where we host Shaikh Sajid who discusses an important question for university students and professionals – how can we better ourselves and aspire to something greater while balancing all our competing priorities?
Shaikh Sajid gives us the advice to navigate the hectic nature of life while drawing near to Allah, achieving our goals, and finding time for our loved ones.
The talk covered the following points:
- The stark reality of life.
- Pandemics – an Islamic Perspective.
- The Muslim Code with regards to unprecedented times.
- A pragmatic way to handle ourselves moving forward, as well as self isolation.
The lecture was described as hard hitting, but not with a doomsday message. The last part had a important unique and practical action points and thus it is encouraged that the lecture is listened to in its entirety to be a means of transformation and to be fully appreciated