Assalamualaikum everyone. Some have asked about a tool to help be more productive whilst using the internet.
I would advise using the web browser extention called WasteNoTime. Please do a good search for it. There is an extention available for Google Chrome and the following are the listed features of the file:
Blocking time-wasting sites while you are working
WasteNoTime helps you manage the time you spent on the Internet and increases your productivity. Featured on CNet and PCWorld, Forbes, and Wired!
* Time Tracker feature gives you reports on what web sites you spent most of your time, for the past day, week, or month.
* Instant Lockdown feature allows you to focus on your work for a period of time with limited Internet access.
* Block List lets you automatically block selected web sites as soon as you have spent predetermined amount of time on them each day.
* Block settings are highly customizable to suit your particular needs. You may override some blocked sites with Allow List. You may even customize the time quota for a particular web site or web page.
* Time Range feature lets you define what are your work hours and configure different time quota for work hours and outside of work hours.
* Also available for Safari browser on Mac! Settings can be exported and shared across multiple browsers or multiple computers.
Waste no time to regain your freedom and productivity from the Internet!
May Allah bless our time and our productivity! Ameen.