#TadabburTuesday – Sheikh Sajid Umar Telegram Channel –
Allah Almighty says:
﴿ وَقُلِ اعْمَلُوا فَسَيَرَى الله عَمَلَكُمْ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ ﴾
[ سورة التوبة: 105 ]
wa-quli ʿmalū fa-sa-yarā llāhu ʿamalakum wa-rasūluhū wa-l-muʾminūna wa-sa-turaddūna ʾilā ʿālimi l-ghaybi wa-sh-shahādati fa-yunabbiʾukum bi-mā kuntum taʿmalūn
And say, “Do [as you will], for Allah will see your deeds, and [so will] His Messenger and the believers. And you will be returned to the Knower of everything hidden and apparent, and He will inform you of what you used to do.”
My dear brothers and sisters, this aayah is a poignant message teaching us several important lessons, some of which are:
1. Our deeds should be solely for the sake of Allah Almighty alone.
2. Allah Almighty is well aware of our purpose during our activities. He knows whether we intended Him or intended other than Him.
3. Allah Almighty is the Universal Observer and Witness over everything that we do. He is well aware of our actions before any surveillance registers our very movements.
4. We as human beings should not remain in apathy because of the lack of belief in us from those around us.
5. We as human beings should act and continue doing that which is right, even when the odds are stacked up against us.
6. Allah Almighty will make our deeds known to the Messenger (SAW) and the believers on the day of judgement. In fact some of the scholars of Tafseer have recorded that Allah Almighty will make our deeds known to those alive and around us, and those who have passed away! This does not mean however that our sincerity should become affected and that we should start acting for the sake of other besides Allah Almighty.
7. Some of our pious predecessors used to say that this aayah should be read out to those who do good work as a means of advice and support. Advice reminding them to work for Allah Almighty alone and support in teaching them that Allah Almighty is well aware of everything they do, irrespective of how small and minute the action is considered to be.
I implore all readers reading this message to
-never become affected by those who don’t attend your invite. Attend their invites for the sake of Allah.
-never stop visiting your relatives, family and friends because they have stopped visiting you. Visit them for the sake of Allah.
-never stop caring and being professional in your job or placement in an Islamic project because others are not pulling their weight. In fact work harder and more diligently for the sake of Allah.
-never be swayed from progress because of lack of appreciation. Continue progressing for the sake of Allah.
-never be satisfied with a B grade because everyone else got a C grade. You can be pleased. But never be satisfied. Chase that A and increase your application for the sake of Allah.
-never let the character and values of others define your character and values. Pursue the Sunnah at all costs for the sake of Allah.
– and last but not least! Never allow anyone to walk in your head with their dirty feet! Accept constructive criticism, but never turn back on your heels because of the jealousy of arm-chair critics.
Much has been said and there is much more to say.
Ponder over the words of Allah Almighty and remain guided.
I love you for the sake of Allah.